A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower
If you believed that the NATO (read U.S.) bombing of Yugoslavia for 78 days and nights in 1999 was a “humanitarian” act, Rogue State hopefully can serve as a wake-up call to both your intellect and your conscience. It is a mini-encyclopedia of the numerous un-humanitarian acts perpetrated by the United States since the end of the Second World War.
“Rogue State forcibly reminds us of Vice President Agnew’s immortal line: ‘The United States, for all its faults, is still the greatest nation in the country’.” – Gore Vidal, author, The Decline and Fall of the American Empire
“Critics will call this a one-sided book. But it is an invaluable corrective to the establishment portrait of America as the world’s greatest force for peace. Even confirmed opponents of U.S. interventionism can find much in this important book that will both educate and shock them.” – Peter Dale Scott, former Professor at UC Berkeley, poet, and author, Deep Politics and The Death of JFK
“Bill Blum came by his title easily. He simply tested America by the same standards we use to judge other countries. The result is a bill of wrongs – an especially well-documented encyclopedia of malfeasance, mendacity and mayhem that has been hypocritically carried out in the name of democracy by those whose only true love was power.” – Sam Smith, Editor, The Progressive Review, Washington, DC
“Bravo Blum! A vivid, well-aimed critique of the evils of US global interventionism, a superb antidote to officialdom’s lies and propaganda.” – Michael Parenti, author of History as Mystery and To Kill a Nation: The Attack on Yugoslavia
Table of Contents
- Ours and theirs: Washington’s love/hate relationship with terrorists and human-rights violators
- 1. Why do terrorists keep picking on the United States?
- 2. America’s gift to the world—the Afghan terrorist alumni
- 3. Assassinations
- 4. Excerpts from US Army and CIA Training Manuals
- 5. Torture
- 6. The unsavories
- 7. Training new unsavories
- 8. War criminals: theirs and ours
- 9. Haven for terrorists
- 10. Supporting Pol Pot
- United States use of weapons of mass destruction
- 11. Bombings
- 12. Depleted uranium
- 13. Cluster bombs
- 14. Chemical and biological weapons abroad
- 15. Chemical and biological weapons at home
- 16. Encouraging the use of CBW by other nations
- A Rogue State Versus the World
- 17. A concise history of US global interventions, 1945-present
- 18. Perverting elections
- 19. Trojan Horse: the National Endowment for Democracy
- 20. The US versus the world at the United Nations
- 21. Eavesdropping on the planet
- 22. Kidnapping and looting
- 23. How the CIA sent Nelson Mandela to prison for 28 years
- 24. The CIA and drugs: just say ‘Why not?’
- 25. Being the world’s only superpower means never having to say you’re sorry
- 26. The US invades, bombs and kills for it…but do Americans really believe in free enterprise?
- 27. A day in the life of a free country…or…how does the United States get away with it?
Purchase Rogue State
For a copy signed to you personally, and shipped immediately, send a check to:
5100 Connecticut Ave., NW, #707
Washington, DC, 20008-2064, USA
Please specify to whom each book should be inscribed and include your phone number and/or email address in case a question arises.
The prices are shown below and are in U.S. dollars (check or cash) or Euros (cash). All foreign checks or international money orders must be payable in US dollars.
Price for the paperback, including postage:
- United States – $16
- Canada – $23
- Western Europe – $29
- Australia/New Zealand/Japan – $29
- Other countries: email to request a price.
To purchase Rogue State by credit card, take note of the price and use the PayPal button below.
If you wish to purchase more than one title you must make a separate payment for each. Or send a check for the total to:
5100 Connecticut Avenue, NW #707
Washington, DC, 20008-2064
Or purchase it online elsewhere: Amazon; Common Courage Press; Zed Books.
Rogue State in other languages
Foreign-language editions of Killing Hope can, in some cases, be purchased from the author, or else from the publisher.
- Italian: from the author and firstname.lastname@example.org
- French: email@example.com
- Chinese: from the author and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finnish: from the author and email@example.com
- Greek: from the author and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dutch: from the author and www.bol.com - select “Netherlands”, then search “Schurkenstaat”
- Polish: email@example.com
- Japanese: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turkish: available from author only
- Malayalam (India): from the author and email@example.com
- Bulgarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: translated and published in Cuba - available from the author only; translated and published in Spain - available from the author or the publisher: email@example.com (these are two different translations)
- German: from the author and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arabic: translated and published in Egypt - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; translated and published in Lebanon - email@example.com (these are two different translations)
Also by William Blum
America’s Deadliest Export: Democracy
The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else
U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II
Freeing the World to Death
Essays on the American Empire
A Cold War Memoir