Freeing the World to Death
Essays on the American Empire
A collection of essays written by William Blum, some of which were published over the past decade in various magazines and anthologies, some appeared in his regular internet newsletter: The Anti-Empire Report, some which appeared only on his website, and some written explicitly for this book.
Table of Contents
- The Anti-Empire Report
- Monthly commentaries (July 2004 and earlier)
- Interventions Are Us
- Myth and Denial in the War on terrorism: Just why do terrorists terrorize?
- Reflections on September 11, 2001 and the bombing of Afghanistan
- What do the imperial mafia really want?
- Setting a high (double) standard: Supplying Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction
- Debate in Dublin: “America’s foreign policy does more harm than good.”
- The 1998 bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan’s Medicine Supply
- Peru: Their Terrorists, Our Freedom Fighters
- Madeleine Albright, ethically challenged
- The Bombing of PanAm Flight 103—Case Not Closed
- Interventions: The Unending List (includes Venezuela)
- The Cold War
- Before there were terrorists, there were communists and the Wonderful World of Anti-Communism
- Hiroshima: Last military act of World War II or first act of the Cold War?
- Will humans ever fly? Smashing socialism in the 20th century
- Overthrowing other people’s governments: The Master List
- The Empire at Home
- Conversations (sort of) with Americans
- Cuban political prisoners ... in the United States
- Treason: None dare call it nothing
- If John Kerry is the answer, what is the question?
- “Letter from America”, columns in The Ecologist of London
- Winning hearts and mindless
- Being There with Alan Greenspan and Ayn Rand
- If in doubt, call the FBI
- The Election Circus
- Book review: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy
- The myth of America’s “booming economy”
- And now for something completely different: A New Yorker trapped in Los Angeles
Purchase Freeing the World to Death
For a copy signed to you personally, and shipped immediately, send a check to:
5100 Connecticut Ave., NW, #707
Washington, DC, 20008-2064, USA
Please specify to whom each book should be inscribed and include your phone number and/or email address in case a question arises.
The prices are shown below and are in U.S. dollars (check or cash) or Euros (cash). All foreign checks or international money orders must be payable in US dollars.
Price for the paperback, including postage:
- United States – Book rate (about a week): $18
- Canada – Airmail (about a week): $25
- Western Europe – Airmail (4-7 days): $32 (or €25 cash)
- Australia/New Zealand/Japan (about 10 days): $32
- Other countries: email to request a price.
To purchase Freeing the World to Death by credit card, take note of the price and use the PayPal button below.
Freeing the World to Death in other languages
This book is also available in Italian and Finnish. Contact the author at for further information.
Also by William Blum